The Australian Basketball Statistics Committee has devised level 1 and 2 training courses that have been endorsed by Basketball Australia.
A level 1 statistician must be able to:
- Understand basketball rules and statistical definitions,
- Understand the sequencing of statistical events,
- A basic understanding of the calling protocol,
- Use the computer and the current software program Read and understand a FIBA score sheet
A level 2 statistician must have held level 1 accreditation and be able to:
- Liaise with the Statistics Coordinator and game authority on any matters relating to the statistics bench.
- Prepare and set up the statistics bench and/or computer hardware and software,
- Consistently and accurately apply the philosophy of the statistical definitions,
- Accurately call, using the correct calling protocol.
- Manage a statistics bench and maintain the code of conduct,
- Effectively communicate with personnel on the scoretable and statistics bench and with clients,
- Reconcile boxscore with official score sheets,
- Prepare and distribute reports to clients.
- Email reports and game files to league