In local level games, there are 2 scoretable positions:
- The Scorer who maintains the score sheet
- The Timekeeper who operates the scoreboard
In higher level games, there are 5 specific scoretable positions:
- Chairperson: who ensures the smooth operation of the scoretable and its staff and communicates with the referees.
- Scorer: who completes the scoresheet.
- Assistant Scorer: This is not always required but, when present, will assist with operating the scoreboard.
- Timekeeper: who operates the game clock and, in most situations, also operates the scoreboard.
- 24-second shot clock operator: who operates the shot clock by stopping and resetting according to the rules of basketball.
If you would like to become a Scoretable Official, contact the Stadium management at firstname.lastname@example.org