Junior Competitions are played on the following days during school terms
|MONDAY||UNDER 16 BOYS||Division 1-4|
|TUESDAY||UNDER 18 BOYS||Divisions 1-4|
|WEDNESDAY||UNDER 12 -UNDER 18 GIRLS||All Divisions|
|THURSDAY||UNDER 12 BOYS||Divisions 1-2|
|THURSDAY||UNDER 14 BOYS||Divisions 1-4|
|SATURDAY||U12 BOYS||Division 3|
A new Miniball competition for ages U6-U10s will be launching in term 4 2022 and will cost $100.00 per player per term, plus a one off $20.00 registration fee.
Junior competitions are age governed. Ages are based on the year of birth not the age a child turns during a competition. As the summer competition is played in 2023 it is the age you turn in 2023 that determines the age group you play in
- Born in 2012 and 2013 = Under 12
- Born in 2010 and 2011 = Under 14
- Born in 2008 and 2009 = Under 16
- Born in 2006 and 2007 = Under 18
- The Summer Competition runs over term 4, 2022 and term 1, 2023
- Games are usually played between the following time slots 4.15pm, 5.05pm, 5.55pm , 6.45pm & possibly 7.40 pm.
- Game times will vary from competition to competition depending on the number of teams in each.
- You should expect that you will play at a different time each week
- Registration is for 12 months and covers membership and insurance costs
- $132 for 12 to 17 years
- $86 for 10 to 11 years
- $20 for 6-9 years
- Club team players will be charged a club fee by their respective clubs
- Competition are $1400.00 per team and will be due in week 6 of term and payable through the members portal.
- Once your child has been placed in a team they are expected to play in that team for the duration of the competition. (20 Weeks)
- If your child is unable to play due to injury or illness the competition fee will be transferred or refunded on presentation of a doctor’s certificate for games missed.
- Competition Fees can be paid on line via the members portal. Registration must be completed online or in person at the SDBA office. The active kids voucher can be used for Registration and Competition fees.
- As basketball is a team sport it is an expectation that you will be committed to your team for the duration of the competition.
- A player has to have played 66% of competition games in his team to be eligible to play in the final series.
- Please ensure that registration fees and competition fees are paid on time. Notify the team contact or Association if your child is sick or away on school excursion or family holiday and cannot play a particular game /games.
During competition games each team is required to have a parent take a turn on the score bench. It is an easy job and we will help you until you get your confidence up.
SDBA teams only
Uniforms: You will need to purchase a playing singlet for $40.00. You will also need to buy a pair of plain black basketball shorts (no pockets).
When you finish playing you will receive a partial refund if it is returned in good condition.
If you play in an SDBA team with a coach provided by the Association you will also be charged an extra fee of $30 to help with the costs of providing a coach.